Friday, February 12, 2010

Lightning Round

Time to catch up so here is our week in Florida in a nutshell.

We headed to the West Palm Beach area and spent some quality time with molly's g-rents. Lobsters were consumed, movies were watched.

We headed across the rural center and stopped for BBQ, In strange territory I properly used the "no wood no good test". A tasty lunch ensued.

 We stayed on the beach in St. Pete which is awesome.

When we got into town my brother put together a small and humble Stone Crab dinner. Stone crabs are so popular that fisherman are only allowed to take one claw and then return the crab to the water. It is as rich as lobster but sweeter and textually more delicate.


I made grouper, another  Florida delicacy, for my parents and Molly. Later we had some in a restaurant and I won.

We went to Sunken Gardens an old Florida tourist trap now owned by the city. They have parrots in cages and flamingos. It was kind of boring.

We had my favorite St. Pete BBQ, Hogly Wogly, which could give some Memphis joints a run for their money. I made my own greens stewed with smoked turkey.

We also had a BBQ pork sandwich from Mr. I Got ´em


We had Chinese and ate giant oysters which were cooked and covered in black bean sauce. Yum.

The night before our adventure to Guatemala was to begin we had Ice Cream and I completed my FAFSA.

Having some technical difficulties and can´t get the photos up for this post, but I´m working on it.

UPDATE= PHOTOS

4 comments: