Monday, May 31, 2010

No one is reading this blog, but I won't stop!

You know what was good, War and Peace and you know what's better? THIS BLOG Jerk-wad. Despite the reality that I am now writing to no one I will...Not...Stop! Why? I am very bored and find this entertaining (up to a point) More entertaining...?



(Dancing with Cats.)

In other news I will be spending the summer in Kansas City, KA which combined with Kansas City, MO is damn famous for BBQ, particularly beef brisket, don't know for sure I will have time to sample that or Stroud's famous fried chicken.

In recent developments I went to the Purple Pig in Chicago the other night with my Aunt who is a big fan, it was my second visit with her. It is a very good small plates restaurant, basically Mediterranean tapas. Everything here is simple and good and while not cheap  it is far from expensive especially given its Magnificent Mile location.  We had some really nice vegetable salads including fava beans with hard boiled egg and fried prosciutto. (I discovered in Guatemala fava beans are essentially the greatest food ever, wonderful earthy complicated flavor all on its lonesome) But a dish that really caught my attention that evening was an eggplant tapanada, chunks of marinated roasted eggplant with green olives, capers, and probably some other stuff in a vinaigrette served on toast pre spread with goat cheese. The contrast between the rich cheese and the acidity of the eggplant was not only really delicious but also really interesting.

2 comments: